Bat Wing Butterscotch Pie
This pie has a really rich butterscotch flavor. Top each slice with a generous dollop of whipped cream. Then add a sweet bat shape!
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9 -inch graham cracker crust
- Garnish: whipped cream, caramelized sugar bat pieces
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, stir together brown sugar and butter until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Cook 2 to 3 more minutes; remove from heat. In a separate bowl, mix together flour and one cup milk until smooth. Add egg yolks and salt; mix well and stir in remaining milk. Add flour mixture to brown sugar mixture in saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Spoon filling into crust; chill thoroughly.
- To make caramelized sugar bat pieces, melt 1/3 cup granulated sugar in small saucepan without stirring. Drizzle over a piece of lightly greased aluminum foil. Cool; break into pieces. Top cooled pie with whipped cream and sugar bat pieces.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note