- 8 freshwater bass fillets (about 1 2/3 pounds)
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
How to Make It
Rinse fish thoroughly; pat dry, and set aside.
Sprinkle breadcrumbs in bottom of a 9-inch square baking pan. Arrange fish over breadcrumbs.
Combine next 7 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring until butter melts. Remove from heat; pour over fish. Sprinkle with paprika.
Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Transfer fish to a warm serving platter. Garnish with parsley, if desired.