Basque Beef Tenderloin Crostini
Seared beef tenderloin that's rubbed with orange zest, chili powder, and salt adorn simple toasted baquettes in the stand-out appetizer, Basque Beef Tenderloin Crostini.
Yield: Makes 12 servings (serving size: 2 crostini)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 195
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 455mg
- Calcium: 19mg
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) center-cut beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 24 thin slices of an 8-ounce French baguette (about 1/2-inch thick), toasted
- Green Sauce and additional herbs, for serving
- 1. In a small bowl, combine orange zest, chili powder, and salt. Rub tenderloin with spice mixture. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- 2. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 3. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sear the beef on all sides until it is brown and caramelized, about 4 minutes per side (1216 minutes total). Transfer skillet to oven and roast until an instant-read thermometer registers 125° for medium-rare (1520 minutes).
- 4. Transfer beef to a cutting board to rest for 20 minutes, then thinly slice. Top each baguette slice with sliced beef, about 1 teaspoon green sauce, and, if using, herbs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note