In order to succeed this recipe you have to use Diamond Pearl Basmati Rice. This is a Pure Indian Basmati rice. If you want more informations go on the website http://www.sonaimpex.net or send a mail at email@example.com
Basmati Rice with Basil and Mint
This foolproof cooking method also works with long-grain white rice and jasmine rice.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 3/4 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 215
- Calories from fat: 10%
- Fat: 2.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Carbohydrate: 46.7g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 254mg
- Calcium: 5mg
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place rice in a fine-mesh strainer. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in rice; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add remaining ingredients, stirring to combine; bring to a boil. Cover; wrap handle of pan with foil. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes, stirring once. Remove rice from oven; fluff rice with a fork.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This