- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 1 (15-oz.) can green pigeon peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
How to Make It
Bring broth, butter, and salt to a boil over medium-high heat in a large saucepan. Stir in rice; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes or until broth is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from heat, and stir in peas and zest using a fork. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with onions.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Mahatma Basmati Rice.