This was a very quick and simple recipe. I used drained diced canned tomatoes instead of fresh and also added baby spinach. Very good.
Basil Tortellini Soup
This soup is delicious, colorful and quick. Serve with a loaf of crusty bread. Also good warmed up the next day. From Jayne Dwyer-Reff: Fort Wayne, Indiana. Serving Accompaniment: Turkey Tomato Pizza. Recipe published in Light & Tasty October/November 2001.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 9-ounce package(s) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 15-ounce can(s) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup(s) chopped fresh tomato
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup(s) shredded fresh basil
- 1 to 2 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/3 cup(s) shredded Parmesan cheese
- • In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add tortellini; cook for 7-9 minutes or until tender.
- • Stir in the beans, tomato and basil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add the vinegar, salt and pepper. Serve with cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note