Basil-Tomato Meatloaf Sandwich
You'll love the flavor boost when you stir fresh basil into mayonnaise. If you're uncomfortable chopping the basil, snip it with scissors or chop it in a mini-processor. Because the meatloaf slices are not very wide, it takes two to cover a slice of bread.
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 8 hearty white bread slices
- 8 (1/2-inch-thick) cold meatloaf slices
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Stir together 1/2 cup mayonnaise and 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil. Spread 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise mixture on 1 side of each bread slice. Top 4 bread slices, mayonnaise sides up, evenly with meatloaf slices, shredded lettuce, and tomato slices; sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Top with remaining bread slices, mayonnaise sides down.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Sara Lee Honey White Bakery Bread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note