Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) firm tofu pressed
- 2 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- dash(es) fresh black pepper
- 10 leaves fresh basil leaves finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) nutritional yeast
- In a large bowl, mush the tofu up with your hands, till its crumbly.
- Add the lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and basil. Mush with your hands again; this time your want it to get mushy so squeeze through your fingers and mush until it reaches the consistency of ricotta cheese.
- Add olive oil, stir with a fork. Add nutritional yeast and mix all ingredients well. Use a fork cuz oil will make it sticky. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Recipe by: Isa Chandra Moskowitz in Vegan with a Vengeance
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Soulista1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Basil-Tofu Ricotta Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments