My husband doesn't really like yellow squash, but he ate every bite of this and complimented me for it. We combined it with baked fish and garlic mashed potatoes. This is excellent!! I will definitely be making this again and will serve it on special occasions.
Basil Summer Squash
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 pound pattypan or 'Peter Pan' squash, cut in half*
- 1 small Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Bring broth to a boil in a large skillet. Reduce heat to low; add squash and next 5 ingredients. Cook, covered, 10 to 12 minutes or until squash is tender and liquid evaporates. Stir in salt, pepper, and basil.
- *2 pounds yellow squash may be substituted for either pattypan or Peter Pan squash. Reduce the cooking time by 2 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables