- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 pound pattypan or 'Peter Pan' squash, cut in half*
- 1 small Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
How to Make It
Bring broth to a boil in a large skillet. Reduce heat to low; add squash and next 5 ingredients. Cook, covered, 10 to 12 minutes or until squash is tender and liquid evaporates. Stir in salt, pepper, and basil.
*2 pounds yellow squash may be substituted for either pattypan or Peter Pan squash. Reduce the cooking time by 2 minutes.