Great tasting and fast prep time. Perfect weeknight meal.
Basil Spaghetti with Cheesy Broiled Tomatoes
Community Recipe from
- 12 ounce(s) spaghetti
- 3 large beefsteak tomatoes about 1 1/2 lbs cut into large slices
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil plus more for baking sheet
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 ounce(s) fresh mozzarella
- 1/4 cup(s) Grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 clove(s) garlic Chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon(s) Crushed red pepper
- 3/4 cup(s) Torn fresh basil leaves
- 1. Heat broiler. Cook pasta according to directions; drain and return to pot.
- 2. Meanwhile, arrange the tomato slices in a single layer on a lightly oiled rimmed baking sheet. Season with 1/4teaspoon each salt and pepper. Dividing evenly, sprinkle the slices with the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Broil until cheese is bubbly and golden, 3-5 mins.
- 3. In a small sauce pan, warm the oil with the garlic and red pepper over medium heat until fragrant, 1-2 mins.
- 4. Add the garlic oil, basil, 1/2tsp salt, an 1/4 tsp black pepper to the pasta and toss to combine. Serve topped with tomatoes additional basil and Parmesan .
This recipe is a personal recipe added by gclark1386 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Basil Spaghetti with Cheesy Broiled Tomatoes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes