I didn't have orzo, substituted 1.5 cups of small shell macaroni. Yum!
Basil Shrimp with Feta and Orzo
Basil shrimp served with feta and orzo is an easy, flavorful meal that's perfect for weeknights. Serve with a mixed green salad.
Yield: 2 servings (serving size: 1 cup orzo and about 5 ounces shrimp)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 498
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 14.4g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 38.8g
- Carbohydrate: 52.7g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 219mg
- Iron: 6.5mg
- Sodium: 817mg
- Calcium: 258mg
- 1 regular-size foil oven bag
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Coat inside of oven bag with cooking spray. Place the bag on a large shallow baking pan.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water 5 minutes, omitting salt and fat; drain. Place the pasta in a large bowl. Stir in 1 teaspoon oil and next 7 ingredients (1 teaspoon oil through pepper). Place the orzo mixture in prepared oven bag. Combine shrimp and basil. Arrange shrimp mixture on orzo mixture. Fold edge of bag over to seal. Bake at 450° for 25 minutes or until the shrimp are done. Cut open bag with a sharp knife, and peel back the foil. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note