Basil Shrimp Salad
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 pounds peeled, large cooked shrimp, deveined
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Garnishes: lemon wedges, fresh basil sprigs
- Process first 4 ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.
- Stir together shrimp, celery, green onions, and mayonnaise mixture. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Garnish, if desired.
- Marian's tip: Prepare extra basil mayonnaise (the first four ingredients in Basil Shrimp Salad), and use it as a spread for the ultimate bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This