- 8 ounces uncooked spinach fettuccine
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onion (about 2)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- calories 375
- caloriesfromfat 23 %
- fat 9.7 g
- satfat 1.1 g
- monofat 5.2 g
- polyfat 1.1 g
- protein 34.8 g
- carbohydrate 36.9 g
- fiber 2.1 g
- cholesterol 56 mg
- iron 2.7 mg
- sodium 635 mg
- calcium 94 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
Rinse scallops, and pat dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle scallops with pepper. Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of scallops; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove scallops from pan; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining scallops.
Combine olive oil and next 3 ingredients; set aside.
Place same pan over high heat until hot. Add wine and green onions, and cook 1 minute. Add olive oil mixture; cook 15 seconds. Add scallops and any accumulated juices; cook 15 seconds, stirring constantly. Spoon scallops and juices over pasta. Sprinkle with parsley.