Good basic recipe, but found it to be very salty (and I generally like more salt than most!). Next time, I'll omit the salt and add some at the end if needed.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 tablespoon(s) basil fresh leaves only
- 1/4 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove(s) garlic
- 1/8 cup(s) grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon(s) pine nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper freshly ground
- For pesto, combine the basil, oil, garlic, cheese, pine nuts, salt and pepper, and beat with mortar and pestle. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Alternately, for quick and easy pesto, combine in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped.
- The consistency of the pesto may be adjusted by adding a small amount of warm water to thin the pesto, or adding a small amount of cheese to thicken.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MrBagODonuts and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note