If you make this ahead, keep it stored, tightly covered, in the refrigerator.
This recipe goes with Hoppin' John
Yield: Makes about 1 cup
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh basil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine garlic and pine nuts in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Add basil; process until finely chopped. With processor running, pour oil through food chute. Add cheese and salt; process until smooth. Cover and chill.
- Note: You may substitute prepared, refrigerated pesto for Basil Pesto.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note