Yield: 10 cookies
- 5 fresh cinnamon basil leaves*
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Process basil and sugar in a blender or food processor until basil is minced.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan; add basil mixture, flour, salt, and cinnamon. Stir in chopped pecans and vanilla; remove from heat.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls onto ungreased baking sheets; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness with bottom of a large glass.
- Bake cookies at 300° for 40 minutes or until golden. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- *Regular basil may be substituted; increase ground cinnamon to 1 teaspoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts