- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts (about 2 lb.)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 4 large peaches, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 2 cups)
- Garnish: fresh basil leaves
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Cook chicken in hot oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from skillet, reserving drippings in skillet.
Reduce heat to medium. Add shallot to hot drippings in skillet, and sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Add ginger and garlic; sauté 45 to 60 seconds or until fragrant. Add basil, chicken broth, and peaches. Return chicken to skillet, and turn to coat.
Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until chicken is done.