This is amazing but I must warn you if you don't like basil then don't try this because the basil is very strong. I have taken this to many partys and it always get rave reviews. I buy stacie's pita chips and just make the dip. Easy and tasty!
Basil Parmesan Dip with Pita Chips
Basil and Parmesan are a classic flavor combination typically found in pesto. We've added sour cream to this dip to create a creamy alternative to snack on. Use sweet Italian or lemon basil. Serve with crisp pita chips.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 153
- Fat: 5.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 6.8g
- Carbohydrate: 19.1g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 362mg
- Calcium: 156mg
- 4 (6-inch) pitas
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup lightly packed basil leaves (about 1/2 ounce)
- 3/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Basil sprigs (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Split pitas; cut each half into 8 wedges. Place wedges on a baking sheet. Coat with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon pepper and salt. Bake at 375° for 12 minutes or until crisp.
- 3. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, basil, and next 4 ingredients (through garlic) in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Scrape into a serving bowl using a rubber spatula. Garnish with basil sprigs, if desired. Serve with pita chips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note