Be sure to chill the dough overnight; otherwise, the bites will be crumbly.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 8 Hours
Bake: 15 Minutes
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut up
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Stir together first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or two forks until crumbly. (Mixture will look very dry.) Gently press mixture together with hands, working until blended and smooth (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Shape dough into 2 (4-inch-long) logs. Wrap each log in plastic wrap, and chill 8 hours.
- Cut each log into 1/4-inch-thick slices, and place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Brush tops with milk.
- Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Parmesan Cheese Bites: Proceed with recipe as directed, omitting fresh basil.
- Caryn Nabors, Gadsden, Alabama
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note