Basil Orange Chicken
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 package(s) 8 oz stringless sugar snap peas
- 1 grilled orange & lemon slices for garnish
- 2 lemons
- 1 navel orange
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) packed fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast healves
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) whole wheat couscous
- 1) From orange, grate 1 1/2 teaspoons peel and squeeze 4 tablespoons juice. From lemons, grate 1 1/2 teaspoons peel and squeeze 1/3 cup juice.
- 2) In bowl, combine 1 teaspoon of each peel and 1 tablespoon orange juice w/ half of basil, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- 3) Pound chicken breasts (placed b/w 2 sheets of plastic wrap) to an even 1/2 inch thickness. Add chicken to citrus mixture, turning to cat; set aside.
- 4) In bowl, combine sugar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, and remaining citrus peels, citrus juices, basil, and oil; set aside. (Can be made to this point up to 8 hours ahead. Cover chicken and citrus sauce and refrigerate.)
- 5. Prepare large ridged grill pan.
- 6. Meanwhile, prepare couscous as label directs. In 4 qt saucepan filled w/ 1/2 in water, place a vegetable steamer. Heat to boiling on high.
- 7. Add chicken to hot grill pan. Cook 4 minutes. Turn chicken over and cook 3-4 minutes until no pink in center.
- 8. While chicken is cooking on second side, add snap peas to steamer; cook 2-3 mins or until crisp. Fluff couscous and spoon onto large platter; top w/ chicken and snap peas. Drizzle sauce over all. Garnish w/ citrus slices.
- 400 cal/serving
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ckr288 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note