Really liked this (the basil flavor is exquisite!) but felt it could use a little lime juice as well as zest -- not much maybe just a few teaspoons or a tablespoon. I had very sweet mangoes so the flavor was a little cloying on them. Perfect on kiwi and pineapple.
Basil-Lime Fruit Salad
Basil and lime lend this colorful fruit salad a savory undertone. To make ahead, prepare the infused syrup and clean and chop the fruit; refrigerate separately. Toss the fruit and syrup together just before it's time to serve.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 92
- Calories from fat: 3%
- Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.8g
- Carbohydrate: 23.8g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 2mg
- Calcium: 20mg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind
- 4 cups cubed pineapple (about 1 medium)
- 3 cups quartered strawberries (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups cubed peeled mango (about 2 large)
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled, halved lengthwise, and sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1. Combine sugar and 1/2 cup water in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat; stir in basil and rind. Cool. Strain sugar mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl; discard solids.
- 2. Combine pineapple and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with sugar mixture; toss gently.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note