One of the best vinaigrettes, ever! Have made it often and only change is to use 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar instead of 1/3 cup. Also, I find it to be thick and smooth when I make it in my blender.
Try this over your favorite tossed salad.
This recipe goes with Green Bean-and-Tomato Pasta Salad
Yield: Makes 1 cup
More From Southern Living
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1. Smash garlic and salt together using flat side of knife to make a paste.
- 2. Whisk together garlic paste, oil, and remaining ingredients until blended.
- Kitchen Express: Whisk together 1/2 cup bottled balsamic vinaigrette, 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil, and 1 Tbsp. honey until blended. Makes about 1/2 cup; Prep: 5 min. Note: For testing purposes only, we used Newman's Own Balsamic Vinaigrette.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salad Dressings