Simple and easy. My husband who isn't fond of green beans loved this.
Basil Green Beans
Basil and shallots add fresh flavor to these quick and simple Basil Green Beans.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: about 1/2 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 44
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Sodium: 152mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 cups 2-inch-cut trimmed green beans
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallots; sauté 2 minutes. Add green beans and water. Cover and cook 4 minutes. Stir in basil, salt, and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note