Basil Corn on the Cob
Steaming the basil under the husks adds lots of flavor to these fantastic ears. Lime makes their sweet taste pop even more. From Diane Eaton: Campbell, California. Recipe published in Simple & Delicious June/July 2010.
Soak: 20 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 large ear(s) sweet corn in husks
- 6 tablespoon(s) butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 dash(es) salt
- 1 dash(es) garlic salt
- 1 cup(s) fresh basil leaves
- Lime wedges
- • Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottoms; remove silk. In a small bowl, combine the butter, dried basil, sugar, salt and garlic salt; spread over corn. Place basil leaves over butter mixture. Rewrap corn in husks and secure with kitchen string. Place in a stockpot; cover with cold water. Soak for 20 minutes; drain.
- • Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning often. Serve with lime wedges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note