I added peas to the stir fry. And whole garlic cloves to the chicken when stir frying.
Basil, Chicken, and Veggies in Coconut-Curry Sauce
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Linda Hirst
More From Coastal Living
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil or canola oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 pound small green beans
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, slivered
- 3/4 cup whole, salted cashews, toasted
- Hot cooked rice
- Garnish: fresh basil leaves
- 1. Whisk together first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- 2. Heat wok over high heat until a few drops of water evaporate immediately. Swirl 2 tablespoons oil in pan to coat. (If using a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.) Add chicken, and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from pan; cover and keep warm.
- 3. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in wok over high heat (medium-high, if using a nonstick skillet). Add bell pepper, green beans, and ginger; stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes.
- 4. Whisk reserved sauce mixture, and add to wok with vegetables. Cook 1 minute or until sauce thickens. Stir in slivered basil and reserved chicken. Sprinkle with cashews; serve with hot cooked rice and sriracha. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This