Very good. Healthy too! Served with a side salad for a healthy summer dinner.
Basil Chicken Meatballs with Ponzu Sauce
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 2 meatballs and 1 tablespoon sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 194
- Fat: 10.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 16.8g
- Carbohydrate: 9.2g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 103mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 544mg
- Calcium: 40mg
- 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons small basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mirin (sweet rice wine)
- Dash of crushed red pepper
- Additional ingredients:
- Small basil leaves (optional)
- Chopped green onions (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. To prepare meatballs, combine first 9 ingredients in a large bowl; shape mixture into 16 (1 1/2-inch) meatballs.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 8 meatballs to pan, and cook for 6 minutes, browning on all sides. Remove meatballs from pan, and arrange on the rack of a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with the remaining 8 meatballs.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 7 minutes or until done.
- 5. To prepare the sauce, combine soy sauce, basil leaves, green onions, juices, 1 1/2 teaspoons water, mirin, and red pepper in a small bowl. Serve sauce with meatballs. Garnish with basil leaves and additional chopped green onions, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note