Absolutely delicious and well worth the effort. A friend who got the recipe from me reported making the torta using purchased prepared pesto and the salsa with jarred roasted red peppers with similarly delicious results yet less time and effort.
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4-ounce) package feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- Lucinda's Garden Pesto
- 2 (6-ounce) packages provolone cheese slices
- Roasted Red Pepper Salsa, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped pine nuts, toasted
- Garnishes: chopped fresh basil, fresh basil sprigs, pine nuts
- Process first 3 ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Stir in Lucinda's Garden Pesto, blending well.
- Line an 8- x 4-inch loafpan with plastic wrap, allowing 1 inch to hang over on each side.
- Arrange one-third of cheese slices on bottom and up sides of pan. Layer evenly with half of pesto mixture, 1/3 cup Roasted Red Pepper Salsa, 2 tablespoons pine nuts, and half of remaining cheese slices. Repeat layers, ending with cheese slices, gently pressing each layer. Fold cheese slices toward center. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Invert torta onto a serving platter. Top with 1/3 cup salsa; garnish, if desired. Serve with remaining salsa and toasted French baguette slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note