- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4-ounce) package feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- Lucinda's Garden Pesto
- 2 (6-ounce) packages provolone cheese slices
- Roasted Red Pepper Salsa, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped pine nuts, toasted
- Garnishes: chopped fresh basil, fresh basil sprigs, pine nuts
How to Make It
Process first 3 ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Stir in Lucinda's Garden Pesto, blending well.
Line an 8- x 4-inch loafpan with plastic wrap, allowing 1 inch to hang over on each side.
Arrange one-third of cheese slices on bottom and up sides of pan. Layer evenly with half of pesto mixture, 1/3 cup Roasted Red Pepper Salsa, 2 tablespoons pine nuts, and half of remaining cheese slices. Repeat layers, ending with cheese slices, gently pressing each layer. Fold cheese slices toward center. Cover and chill 8 hours.
Invert torta onto a serving platter. Top with 1/3 cup salsa; garnish, if desired. Serve with remaining salsa and toasted French baguette slices.