Excellent appetizer and is great for company! It is really tasty and my family ate the whole thing. Toast the walnuts before using--really brings out the flavor. And if you don't make it several hours ahead, you can make it faster by freezing the spreaded cheese mixture for 20-30 minutes before adding the filling so it will be stiff enough to roll. Then freeze again for 20-30 minutes before serving. It's better to do it as the recipe says but if you're out of time you can cheat a bit. It's a GREAT and impressive appetizer!!
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces Roquefort cheese, softened
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- Garnishes: fresh flat-leaf parsley, fresh basil, edible flowers
- Assorted crackers
- Beat cream cheese and Roquefort cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread cheese mixture into an 11- x 8-inch rectangle on parchment paper. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Process spinach and next 4 ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Stir in freshly grated Parmesan cheese, chopped walnuts, and chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
- Spread spinach mixture evenly over cheese rectangle. Using the parchment paper as a guide, roll up, jelly-roll fashion. Wrap in parchment paper, sealing at ends, and chill at least 2 hours. Remove paper, and garnish, if desired. Serve with assorted crackers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This