Basil Butter Orzo
Notes: If starting up to 4 hours ahead, cook and drain pasta (step 1), then immerse in cold water until cool; drain again, cover, and chill. Prepare peppers (step 2); cover and let stand at room temperature. Start at step 3 to complete dish.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 307
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Protein: 8.6g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 7.5g
- Carbohydrate: 40g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Sodium: 536mg
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- 1 pound dried orzo pasta
- 1 red bell pepper (about 1/2 lb.)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (about 1/2 lb.)
- 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4 pound cherry tomatoes, rinsed (cut in half if wider than 3/4 in.)
- 1/4 pound crumbled feta cheese
- 1 jar (4 oz.) capers, drained
- 1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring 3 quarts water to a boil. Add orzo and cook just until tender to bite, about 10 minutes. Drain orzo and return to pan.
- 2. Meanwhile, rinse peppers; stem, seed, and finely chop.
- 3. In a food processor, purée butter, basil, and garlic.
- 4. Add butter mixture to orzo. Stir over medium heat until butter is melted and pasta is hot.
- 5. Stir in peppers, tomatoes, cheese, and capers. Pour onto a rimmed platter and serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note