- 1 pound dried orzo pasta
- 1 red bell pepper (about 1/2 lb.)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (about 1/2 lb.)
- 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4 pound cherry tomatoes, rinsed (cut in half if wider than 3/4 in.)
- 1/4 pound crumbled feta cheese
- 1 jar (4 oz.) capers, drained
- calories 307
- caloriesfromfat 38 %
- protein 8.6 g
- fat 13 g
- satfat 7.5 g
- carbohydrate 40 g
- fiber 2.9 g
- sodium 536 mg
- cholesterol 35 mg
How to Make It
In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring 3 quarts water to a boil. Add orzo and cook just until tender to bite, about 10 minutes. Drain orzo and return to pan.
Meanwhile, rinse peppers; stem, seed, and finely chop.
In a food processor, purée butter, basil, and garlic.
Add butter mixture to orzo. Stir over medium heat until butter is melted and pasta is hot.
Stir in peppers, tomatoes, cheese, and capers. Pour onto a rimmed platter and serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.