- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon country-style Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 10 cup mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 ripe pears, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh navel oranges, sectioned
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 (4-oz.) package blue cheese, crumbled
How to Make It
Whisk together first 5 ingredients. Cover and chill until ready to use (up to 24 hours).
Toss together greens and basil. Top with pears, oranges, avocados, and blue cheese; toss. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
It's ideal to slice pears and avocados at the last minute so they won't turn brown. You can do this one hour ahead and toss in a small amount of lemon juice. (Too much will alter the flavor of the vinaigrette.)