great recipe i am going to make this cake for my dads birthday
Basic Yellow Cake
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spice Cake
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove layers from pans, and cool completely.
For a simple chocolate cake, add three (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted, to creamed mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings