Doesn't anyone make cakes from scratch anymore? I do not use mixes!!!
Basic White Cupcakes
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Scott Martin
Yield: Makes 2 dozen
More From Southern Living
Bake: 25 Minutes
Cool: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 1 (18.25-oz.) package white cake mix with pudding
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Paper baking cups
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat first 6 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer just until dry ingredients are moistened. Increase speed to medium, and beat 2 minutes or until batter is smooth, stopping to scrape bowl as needed.
- 2. Place paper baking cups in muffin pans, and coat with cooking spray; spoon batter into baking cups, filling two-thirds full.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks, and let cool completely (about 1 hour).
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pillsbury Moist Supreme Classic White Cake Mix.
- Coconut Cupcakes: Prepare Basic White Cupcakes as directed. Spread with Coconut Buttercream, and sprinkle with sweetened flaked coconut.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Basic White Cupcakes Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This