I just finished baking this. SOOOO GOOD!!! I don't care too much for almond extract, so I wouldn't double it. This much is just fine for me. It's light, moist, and tastes GREAT! I'm using it with Milk Chocolate Frosting. Can't wait for the finished product!
Basic White Cake Batter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups cake flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 egg whites
- Beat butter and shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk and water, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in extracts.
- Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form; fold about one-third of egg whites into batter. Gradually fold in remaining egg whites.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings