- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine eggs, milk, and oil in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; add to egg mixture, stirring well.
- Spoon batter into a preheated, lightly oiled waffle iron, following manufacturer's directions. Cook 5 minutes or until brown and crisp. Remove waffle; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining batter. Serve hot with butter and syrup.
- For cheese waffles, add 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese to batter before baking.
- For ham waffles, sprinkle 1 tablespoon finely chopped cooked ham over batter of each waffle before closing waffle iron.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch