Okay, been cooking 40 years and have no clue what 'corn meal mix' might be. Is this one of the packages from the store used to make cornbread by just adding water?
Basic Salmon Croquettes
You can mix up the batter a few hours before you plan to cook these. I serve them with grits, but Test Kitchens Professional Angela Sellers says cooked white rice and hot sauce are a must for her family.
More From Southern Living
Fry: 6 Minutes
- 1 (14-oz.) can pink salmon
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup cornmeal mix
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Lemon-Caper Cream
- 1. Drain salmon; remove skin and bones, and flake. Place salmon in a medium bowl. Stir in egg and next 4 ingredients until blended. (Batter will be wet.)
- 2. Drop salmon mixture by tablespoonfuls into hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and slightly flatten with a fork. Fry, in batches, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Drain on paper towels. Keep warm on a wire rack in a jelly-roll pan in a 200° oven. Serve with Lemon-Caper Cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This