Thank you for this recipe, it's very good!
Basic Salmon Croquettes
You can mix up the batter a few hours before you plan to cook these. I serve them with grits, but Test Kitchens Professional Angela Sellers says cooked white rice and hot sauce are a must for her family.
More From Southern Living
Fry: 6 Minutes
- 1 (14-oz.) can pink salmon
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup cornmeal mix
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Lemon-Caper Cream
- 1. Drain salmon; remove skin and bones, and flake. Place salmon in a medium bowl. Stir in egg and next 4 ingredients until blended. (Batter will be wet.)
- 2. Drop salmon mixture by tablespoonfuls into hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and slightly flatten with a fork. Fry, in batches, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Drain on paper towels. Keep warm on a wire rack in a jelly-roll pan in a 200° oven. Serve with Lemon-Caper Cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This