Basic Risotto a la DeLaurentis
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 cup(s) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3 2/5 cup(s) onion finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup(s) arborio rice
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup(s) parmesan cheese freshely grated
- 1/3 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper freshly
- in a medium saucepan, bring the broth to a simmer. Cover the broth and keep hot.
- In a large saucepan, melt two tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until tender but not brown, about three minutes. Add the rice and stir to coat with butter. Add the wine and simmer until the wine is almost completely evaporated, about three minutes. Add 1/2 cup of the both until almost completely absorbed, about 2 minutes. Continue cooking the rice adding 1/2 cup of broth, stirring constantly and allowing each additional 1/2 cup of broth to absorb comepletely before adding the nest, until the rice is tender but firm to the bite and the mixture is creamy, about 20 minutes total. Remove from the heat. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, the remaining tablespoon of butter,a nd the salt and pepper.
- Transfer the risotto to a serving dish and serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RandyHood and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Basic Risotto a la DeLaurentis Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables