Basic Pressed Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cream butter in a medium mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg and almond extract; beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small mixing bowl; gradually add to creamed mixture, stirring well after each addition.
- Press dough from a cookie press onto ungreased cookie sheets, following manufacturer's instructions. Bake at 400° for 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets, and cool on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note