Basic Poultry Gravy
Community Recipe from
- 4 tablespoon(s) fat from poultry pan drippings
- 3 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 cup(s) liquid: stock, giblet broth, water or milk
- When the bird had been removed from the roasting pan, skim off all but 4 tablespoons of fat in the pan. If there is not enough fat in the drippings, add butter. Place the pan over a burner and heat it, scraping the bottom of the pan to loosen all the browned bits. (If the roasting pan is clumsy to handle, scrape and pour the drippings into a saucepan.) Stir in the flour and blend well over medium heat for 3 minutes or more, until lightly browned. Add salt and pepper to taste, and slowly pour in the liquid, stirring constantly, until smooth. Simmer for 10 minutes to develop the flavor.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note