Basic Pizza Dough
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Linda Hirst
More From Coastal Living
Stand: 5 Minutes
Rise: 1 Hour
- 1 (1/4-ounce) envelope active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semolina flour, plus more for rolling out
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in flours, olive oil, and salt to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn dough out onto a surface lightly sprinkled with semolina flour; knead 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Shape dough into a ball, and place in a lightly greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- 3. Punch dough down. Divide in half.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This