Basic Pizza Dough
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) warm water (about 110 degrees)
- 1 package(s) dry active yeast (.25 oz)
- 2 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour divided
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- If using bread machine: Place all liquid ingredients (water and olive oil) in bread pan first. Next add flour, sugar, salt, and lastly yeast. Place on dough setting and leave for !20 minutes.
- No bread machine: Place water in a small bowl and stir in yeast. Let stand 5 minutes. In a large bowl, whisk together 2 1/2 cups of the flour, sugar, and salt. Make a well in the center and add the yeast mixture and olive oil. Stir until dough comes together and forms a ball. Turn out onto a well-floured surface and knead for 5 minutes, adding as much of the remaining 1/4 cup flour as needed. Form into a disk and place in a bowl that has been lightly coated with olive oil. Turn disk over and cover bowl with plastic wrap. Allow to rise in a warm place for 2 hours. Remove dough from bowl and punch down. Roll out into desired diameter.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KristinSessions and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Basic Pizza Dough Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads
More Recipes for Main Dishes