Basic Oatmeal with Fruit
Add a frozen fruit puree cube to a bowl of hot oatmeal to cool it down quickly and add extra nutrients. You can also prepare the oatmeal in the microwave; combine the oats and water in a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave at HIGH 1 minute. Stir in mashed banana, and make sure the oatmeal has cooled before serving.
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 ripe banana, mashed
- 1. Place oats in a food processor or blender; process 30 seconds or until a powder consistency.
- 2. Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in oats. Reduce heat to low, and cook, uncovered, 3 to 4 minutes or until smooth, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Stir in mashed banana.
- Oatmeal with Fruit and Yogurt variation: Stir 2 tablespoons plain yogurt into oatmeal and fruit mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes