I agree with rstarrlemaitre. These have become a menu staple in my kitchen. I do follow the recipe exactly, and my family and I think they're great.
Basic Mashed Potatoes
Chicken broth and milk make these mashed potatoes rich; sour cream gives them tang.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 162
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 3.7g
- Carbohydrate: 25.4g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 306mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- 3 pounds cubed peeled baking potato
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Place potato in a saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and return potato to pan. Add milk and broth; mash to desired consistency. Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly. Stir in sour cream, salt, and pepper. Top with butter.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables