This recipe goes with Chicken-Fried Steak Fingers with Creole Mustard Sauce
Yield: Makes 1 1/4 cups
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice*
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Stir together all ingredients.
- *White wine vinegar may be substituted for lemon juice.
- Southwestern Marinade: substitute 1/4 cup lime juice for lemon juice. Add 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro and 1 teaspoon ground cumin.
- Asian Marinade: substitute 1/2 cup peanut oil for olive oil 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar for lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons soy sauce or worcestershire sauce. Add 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note