Basic Lentil Soup
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 cup(s) brown or green lentils sorted and rinsed
- 1 onion quartered
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 carrot finely diced
- 1 celery rib finely diced
- 1 potato large, chopped
- pepper freshly milled
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil or roasted walnut oil
- red wine vinegar
- fresh parsley or chervil chopped
- Put the lentils in a soup pot, cover with 6 cups cold water, and bring to a boil. Skim off any foam that rises, then add the onion, garlic, bay leaves, carrot, celery, and potato, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Lower the heat and simmer until tender but still a little firm -- they shouldn't be mushy -- about 25 minutes. Remove the bay leaves, taste for salt, and season with pepper. Stir in the oil and add a few drops vinegar to bring up the flavor. Garnish with parsley and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note