Easy and good. What a great way to use up old bread! I will make this again.
Basic Herb Croutons
Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1/4 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 22
- Calories from fat: 8%
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.7g
- Carbohydrate: 4.2g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 115mg
- Calcium: 11mg
- 4 cups (1/2-inch) cubed French bread (about 4 1-ounce slices)
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place bread cubes on a jelly-roll pan; lightly coat bread cubes with cooking spray. Toss bread cubes with seasoning, salt, and pepper. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Cinnamon-Sugar Croutons: Substitute 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar (found in the spice section of your supermarket) for Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Mexican Croutons: Substitute 1/2 teaspoon each chili powder, cumin, and dried oregano for the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Parmesan Croutons: Substitute 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese for Italian seasoning.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note