Basic Green Bean Casserole
We found mixing Japanese breadcrumbs (panko) and French fried onions made for a crisp, less greasy topping. You can find panko with other breadcrumbs on the baking aisle or on the ethnic foods aisle. This dish is delightful with any simple grilled or roasted meat, poultry, or pork.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
- Buttermilk White Sauce
- Simple Blanched Green Beans
- 1 cup French fried onions, crushed
- 1/2 cup Japanese breadcrumbs (panko)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together white sauce and green beans. Place mixture in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch or 3-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Combine French fried onions and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over green bean mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used French's French Fried Onions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note