Dough Rest: 20 Minutes
Potato Boil: 45 Minutes
- 6 whole(s) potatoes Boiled and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup(s) self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- This recipe can be halved. It produces enough for three meals for two adults.
- 1. Mash the cooled potatoes and place them in a mixing bowl.
- 2. Add the raw eggs to the mash and mix thoroughly
- 3. Start adding the self-rising flour and mixing with your hand. Add as much as needed and knead until it does not stick to your fingers easily.
- 4. Dust a working surface with all-purpose flour and place the dough. Cover with more flour and a cloth and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- **20 minute wait**
- 5. Cut pieces of dough and roll out to about 11 inches lenght. Cut the long dough into smaller rectangular pieces. Roll pieces through a fork to shape, move to a flour dusted surface to wait for cooking (cover with cloth if it takes long)
- 6. When all gnocchi are done, you can cook them in boiling water until they float to the top. (Alternatively you can layer them on tapperware using flour and baking paper and place in freezer. Dump frozen gnocchi into boiling water to cook)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Fexyfex and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note